This was a week of first.
Wednesday, Miriam had her first day at "school". She loved playing with the other babies and made friends right away. She didn't eat, drink, or sleep well but I know that will get better with time. Most importantly, she was happy when I picked her up. I was more emotional then I thought I would be. It was just about as bad as my first day back to work after maternity leave! I also know that Miriam missed her Mimi and Papa!
Wednesday night Miriam went to her first baseball game with me, daddy, Papa Pete, and Uncle Greg. It was late, cold, windy, raining, and loud. She did amazing!
And because we didn't get enough baseball on Wednesday, Mike and I had our first date without kids in 9 months at another baseball game Thursday! It was raining and the game got delayed due to lighting. After an hour if waiting for the weather to pass we decided to head home to our babies. My favorite part of our date was huddled in a stairwell eating nachos and drinking beer. It was also my first beer EVER while nursing a baby.




No comments:
Post a Comment