We went to the mall today because it seems as though Peter has gone through yet another growth spurt and the poor child has been attending school wearing half shirts for the last few weeks. Our almost 4 year old wore his 5T pants to the mall and we had to unbutton them when we got there because they were too tight. But that isn't really what this story is about.
While we were there we decided to get dinner at the food court. Mike and Papa Pete went to get food while me and the kids hunkered down at the table. All three kids were adorable - the boys sporting new hair cuts! Shortly after these pictures were taken and sent to aunt Sara, Peter started making Miriam laugh by throwing the wipes to her. Miriam started throwing the wipes back at Peter which made Charlie laugh which made Miriam laugh harder. I've never heard Miriam laugh so hard. Between the boys infectious laughs and Miriam's out of this world crack up every table around us was watching. ALL EYES THAT I COULD SEE WERE ON US. When...
Miriam laughed so hard she vomited. Not baby spit up. Big girl - oh you ate macaroni for lunch - vomit. I started cleaning her up and I was still in oh my goodness my babies are so cute mode when the rancid acid vomit smell hit me. That's when I looked up and saw mostly disgusted faces of the strangers who were just cooing over my babies seconds before.
Charlie refocused me with "IT goT Me MaMA" as he smeared vomit down his cheek with his hand. I looked at Peter who was still laughing but had vomit in his hair and splattered on his face. That's when I realized the extent of the situation. It was all over me, mouse, the boys, the wipes, and was pooled on the table.
We all recovered and took baths when we got home and I will never see those people again. And I will never forget the wonderfulness of my babies laughs but Miriam's laugh till you puck trick - well she must get that from you Sara!


No comments:
Post a Comment