Last summer I admired from across the pool a crazy hot mom strut her not perfect but still crazy hot mom body in a sexy yet somehow still appropriate mom bikini. I knew only a European or South American women could pull off such a sexy mom look and after a few (hopefully discrete) drive bys I confirmed an accent but I didn't linger long enough to know from where ... Mikes drive bys confirmed Spanish (yes I forced my husband to participate). What I really admired was her perky yet still real life juggle butt which was highlighted by her Brazilian cut bikini bottom and mom friendly tankini.
This summer I would love a new sexy mom bikini (which I can't buy until the next two things r accomplished), my pre preg perky butt back (which I lost and never got back after Petie), the confidence to strut a sexy but not perfect mom body, and to show off my milk boobs in a bathing suit. So I turn to Lindsey Brin who inspires me by posting flattering and unflatering pictures, weights, and measurements online during preg and post preg to remind all of us moms/women that healthy changes to our body are normal, necessary, and beautiful.
While I actually care less about the numbers and care more about the look-in-the-mirror-strut-factor, I figure numbers will (hopefully) provide a little extra motivation and will ease my curiosity about how much of a post preg body u can change with exercise and how much u just have to give time. Plus I want to practice Lindsey's full disclosure method, not just with weight change but with everything. I think that is what blogging has done for particularly moms ... it let's us know we aren't all perfect and we should be there to support each other through those imperfections instead of making our lives into these false realities for each other to live up to.
For 60 days, every 10 days, I will post my progress. That will bring me pretty close to bikini season with enough time to actually purchase the new suit. I'll spare u the pictures ... besides I really don't want to put on a bikini now and even if I did I wouldn't want to capture it in a picture and I absolutely wouldn't want to post it online. Lol. Some realities are worth hiding from yourself!
Here r my post preg and breastfeeding rules:
1) no dieting what so ever while breastfeeding
2) no working out the first 6 weeks post preg
3) moderate exercise only and cut back as necessary if milk supply or taste becomes threatened
4) don't expect to look in the mirror and find ur body the least bit familiar until at least 10 months post preg and three months post breastfeeding
Crazy Hot Brazilian Bikini Pool Mom, prepare to meet ur match.
So here are my numbers starting last week after my 6 week check up. I wouldn't expect them to change over just 10 days especially since the first 5 were spent nursing a sick toddler back to health, not working out.
Day 1 - 6 weeks post preg/Day 10
Weight: 148/147
Neck: 13/13
Bust: 38/37
Arm: 11.25/11.25
Natural Waist: 30.5/29.75
Lower Waist: 35/34.5
Hips: 38/37.75
Thigh: 22.75/22.5
Calf: 15/15
Body Fat %: 22.5/22.2
BMI: 22.7/22.5
Go Jo!!!
ReplyDeleteI dont care for the numbers much but I want to be toned. Dont think my stomach will ever make it back =)