
Rawley's Short and Chubby
At his 2 month well care visit Charlie checked in at 13.15lbs (90%), 22.5in (25%), with a head circumference of 39.5cm (25-40%). I don't understand the range on the last one but it didn't come as a surprise to me since Mike and Petie both have smaller heads. I expected the 90th percentile . . . I did NOT expect the 25th percentile!
But he makes short and chubby look SO good!
ZANTAC for Infants
Charlie started taking Zantac three times a day after his 2 month check-up for his reflux which had just gotten out of control. By Saturday it was already working and although he still spit up a lot he was happier. With Zantac on my side, I decided to reintroduce peanut butter into my diet which I have been paying for ever since. To date I have eliminated diary, eggs, soy, peanut butter, chocolate, beans, cauliflower, caffeine, cherries, plums, cashews, strawberries, citrus, and iron supplements from my diet. Over the last month I have tried reintroducing eggs, cheese, and now peanut butter back in which have all ended in catastrophe! Mark my words, I will not try to reintroduce any of the above items in to my diet!
Budding Personalities
Auntie Adi sent an article a few years ago about "Sensory Types" with hand written Olmi family titles next to each one. He provided a very good chuckle at the time but I can't help but read it again now.
SEEKERS: Enjoy extreme sports; touch others when talking; like being barefoot; hum, tap, and make other idle noises (Michael)

SENSORS: May startle easily; require quiet while working; notice minor changes in recipes; get motion sickness more than others (Papa Pete)
AVOIDERS: Need time alone; have narrow food preferences; wear gloves for messy chores; steer clear of shopping malls (Aunti Adi)
BYSTANDERS: Don't notice clutter or ambient noise; may wear clothing askew; have bumps and bruises they don't recall getting (Nanny Lou)
I think we are all a little of each and within each family dynamic we each assume a role. Right now I think Petie is my seeker and Charlie is somewhere between a sensor and an avoider. It will be interesting to see how and when these personalities will be able to coexist without major parental supervision!
Communication
My fears of Petie's communication development are dwindling. Each day he says at least three new words. It is amazing! I love being able to watch his brain grow!
Family
Getting plans in order to move Papa Pete and Nanny Lou out here! They will be here by Memorial Day which means they will be able to meet Charlie soon and will be here to see Petie turn 2! It also means a visit from Auntie Adi . . . makes me remember the days after Petie was born when Adi and I would take turns holding him and making breakfast. Those are some of my favorite morning to date!
I am getting excited too about a visit. Lets just pray that Congress and the Pres get together and get a budget passed so I don't get furloughed. If I get furloughed my leave is canceled, which means I would have to resubmit it....
ReplyDelete