Friday, December 10, 2010

TRUTH - Day 30: A letter to yourself: tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.

Really . . . this is how it all ends . . . in the most egotistical way possible!? I'm a Leo. You know, born in August. The most confident, ambitious, generous, loyal, encouraging, pretentious, domineering, melodramatic, stubborn, and vain Zodiac sign there is. And yes, those are all things that I love about myself. How about a challenge!?

How about a reflection? Some sort of conclusion. I didn't just spend all this time and energy on this truth blog to not get something out of it. I can't say that I'm glad I did this truth blog but I can't say that I regret it either. But what did I get out of it?

My writing voice
I confirmed that I can write a lot of blogs but not all blogs are great. But if there is one thing I remember about school, writing takes practice. These blogs remind me that it feels good to practice. I also confirmed that my husband can only tolerate something like this for about a week; so my next endeavor has to be 7 days or less.

Free therapy
Talking at the vast open internet space is therapeutic and scary. But it is encouraging to know that my friends are on the other end and my friends know when to comment and when not to. It is also nice to know that at the ripe young age of 30 I have some advice to offer my friends and a lot more to learn from them.

This too shall pass
Reading back through my blogs I discovered that my concerns 30ish days ago are not my concerns tonight. Which means that despite what it feels like in the moment everything really does pass.

Ultimate Satisfaction
Like most women these days, "doing it all", to my own decrement makes me the happiest. But it does hurt and sometimes I need to allow my leaves to regenerate.

Maybe my discoveries aren't ground breaking . . . but maybe it is just what I needed to close out this year with peace of mind. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. And we're done! I would have to say that this was one of the most painful blogs I have ever written, though that is based on not very many blogs! Thanks for doing this with me, even though it seems we both did not get as much out of it as perhaps we were aiming for! I will continue to write my blog but focus on the things that I love, my family!! And Baby M's milestones :) (BTW I don't mind if Baby M's name gets put out there, Baby M is just my lazy way of typing out her name!)

    ReplyDelete