WHERE IT ALL BEGAN . . . WITH SHOES! (Do I have your attention now?)
I like cute shoes. But even my cute shoes are comfortable. I am never that person who has the cutest shoes because I still require comfort but I am also never that person who has the most supportive shoes because I still require cuteness. Sometime after Petie was born I realized that I needed more comfort which meant more support . . . hence the "Leather Shoe" blog. Please join me in a very special thanks to Sawa, Auntie Adi, and Nicole for helping me through that difficult time. Although they make supportive shoes pretty cute they aren't really as cute as even comfy cute shoes. To be perfectly honest I never gave up wearing my cute shoes I would just alternate between the cute and supportive shoes . . . well yesterday was my breaking point. All of a sudden my cute comfy shoes weren't enough - they were so bad I swore I would never wear a non supportive shoe ever again in my life! I know I am pregnant and carrying extra weight and have different demands right now then I will in the future . . . but I swear I will never put on another non supportive shoe in my life no matter how cute they are! So instead of writing truth blogs last night . . . I went online shoe shopping to buy the cutest supportive (and reasonably priced) shoes I could find. And I am so glad I did because now not only will I have an even better selection of supportive shoes . . . I am inspired to write my next two blog entries . . .
SOMETHING YOU HOPE TO DO IN YOUR LIFE.
As I was shopping last night I realized that it seemed silly to be replacing my shoe wardrobe in this physically volatile point in my life. After all, in a few months I will no longer be pregnant and my body will be in the process of returning to some kind of normalcy (although we all know it takes way longer then just a few months). But then I got to thinking, I want to do this again . . . and again . . . and again. I want these supportive shoes to be a fixture in my life because they are practical for my mommy life just as pants that don't reveal too much when you bend over, longer looser shirts, faster showers, and easy to do hair and make-up are. When I am old and my mind, body, and soul are depleting I want to know that I gave everything I had to give to my husband and many children and that I am depleting not because that is what happens when you age but because I gave everything away (think the Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein) and in the end that is what will bring me the very most happiness (keep thinking Giving Tree). So that is what I hope to do in my life . . . be a mommy as many times over as I think I can and for it to not consume my life but to be integral part of my life.
SOMETHING YOU HOPE YOU NEVER HAVE TO DO.
It is funny because although being a mom made me stronger in so many ways it brought a new level of fear and caution to my life that I could have never imagined. My list of things that I hope I never have to do could go on and on and on and is mainly full of irrational fears . . . things I hope I never have to do as a mother. I would provide an example but most of them are grime and would really change the mood of this blog. So instead my answer is that I hope I never have to wear a pair of cute shoes that doesn't provide me any support or comfort! I hope I never feel obligated to be anything different then what I am . . . and part of what I am is a mother which means I hope I never have to put on a pair of shoes that even makes my feet, knees, or back ache in the slightest way to look cute at work or to go on a fancy downtown date or because I saw it in a magazine!
CLOSING THOUGHTS . . . AND I AM STILL TALKING ABOUT SHOES (hope you managed to hang with this entire blog)
By the way, yes I order my shoes online. These days I can't stand shopping for shoes not online probably because I usually have an anxious husband and son following close behind (which I wouldn't trade for the world). I found my supportive shoes at FootSmart but then searched Amazon and found much better deals (like $10-$20 less) with only $5 shipping. I only bought shoes that I already know my size in. I also really like ordering from Zappos because they deliver the next day and have free returns but their prices are much higher then Amazon's.
Also . . . seriously if you haven't ready Giving Tree you have to. I cry like a baby every time I read it to Petie (not talking about shoes anymore).
I thoroughly enjoyed reading every bit of that blog!
ReplyDelete