Friday, November 19, 2010

TRUTH - Day 15: Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.

To really think about what life is and then to think about what I could NOT live without . . . I mean maybe I am taking this too literally; my heart, my lungs, my skeleton. There are many people I wouldn't want to go through life without; my son, my husband, my sister, my friends, my parents. There are many things I would prefer to not live without; my phone, the internet, my car, a coat, a house, a razor.

I have to think about a season of the Biggest Loser where one of the contestants had lost her husband, toddler daughter, and newborn son (we are talking days old . . . maybe a week) in a single car accident and after years of overeating and depression she decided that not only could she live but she could rebuild her life. I mean that really puts things in perspective. There are so many people I am thankful to have and I certainly prefer to not live this life without. There are so many luxuries I am thankful to have but even in this material crazed world I know I don't HAVE to have them. So I guess the only think I really have to have is me . . . but I've never tried living with out me . . . so I guess that isn't a good answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment