I feel like talking go someone . . . but don't know who to call . . . and then when I think of someone to call . . . I realize that I really don't feel like talking at all but still have words that need to be said/written . . . thank goodness for Blogs!
Best Moment This Morning: Standing in the kitchen cleaning up. Petie playing so independently on the floor. Looking up from what I am doing and realizing that he is watching me. Smiling at my little Peter mister and having him burst into laughter. We did that for like 30min. All I had to do was smile at him for him to bust up laughing!
Most Annoying . . . Yet Thoughtful Moment This Morning: Having to interact with self-centered spirits and realizing that being self-centered just causes you to become flat, boring, and hold onto the most unrealistic goals. The best part of life is sharing and learning from others allowing you to become multidimensional and sensible. Also realizing that I am such a controlling person that I continue to force those self-centered spirits to change there way - which causes me to become frustrated and resentful . . . maybe that is self-centered of me?!
Speaking of Controlling . . . In my breastfeeding class (which I made Mike go to) they said it is the mans responsibility to ensure that the women is successful at breastfeeding. Mike has done a wonderful job at allowing me to become successful at breastfeeding and at mothering. This includes him cooking and cutting up my food into small enough pieces that I can eat it at the same time I am feeding Petie. I just read an article that talked about how it is the woman's responsibility to ensure the man is an engaged father - and you do this by allowing him to engage - which means I have to learn to be a lot less controlling! Study Shows Importance of Support for Fathers from Mothers. Mike thinks I am crazy and said that I have allowed him to be an engaging father. He is engaged and is a wonderful father . . . but it is because he overcame my controlling behavior!
Most Daunting Task: Knowing that someday very soon I need to rearrange my entire kitchen so that it is more kid friendly which means I have to and get to clean out everything we don't and probably haven't ever used! Anytime I have the opportunity to get rid of stuff I am happy . . . but it also sounds overwhelming!
What Will Keep Me Going Today: It is Veterans Day. Because of where we work - we have the opportunity to remember our veterans and thank them every day. I get to thank my husband every day for his service. And thanks to my husband and thanks to all of those brave soldiers I get to spend the day with my husband and son!
Thanks for letting me talk!
I will help you clean the kitchen on my next visit....Yes, I thought about Mikey and my dad yesterday on Veteran's Day. But I don't recall our family every celebrating it. Dad had lots of funny stories of his time in the Air Force. One story is that he was told to go guard something and he was issued a pistol without bullets, a flashlight without batteries and a walkie-talkie that wouldn't talk!!! So the Captain came around all fired up because my dad hadn't reported in, but he showed the captain all the wonderful supplies the Air Force had issued him to defend his country and the Captain agreed that my dad had a strong point and was entitled to be irritated... Another funny story is from Mr. Weatherly who is a 97 year old veteran from WWII...Mr. Weatherly and another soul were told to guard some secret something in east tennessee. It probably had to do with the nuclear fission production or some such thing related to Oak Ridge...so he and this friend just told everyone: "we are guarding the last 2 virgins of Tennessee..." :) That story has always made me giggle...
ReplyDeleteGood stories!
ReplyDelete