
Today our beloved Capt Meatball has found a new home - one that we are sure is warm and humid and where cheerios run rampant. Petie never got to meet Capt Meatball in person but he heard many stories of his older brother and knew he lived in the room next door. Mike and I are both sad (I cried and continue to cry) and also felt a little relief. Relief because we have turned a new page in life and we both have known for a long time that with Petie and future babies a life with Meatball is not realistic. Meatball served a full and fantastic life. He was the catelyst to our family being here today - after all he was the excuse I used to see Mike outside of work when I so gracefully asked "if I could watch him feed his snake". Our first "date", we stood in Mike's bathroom watching Meatball devour his dinner. He has watched our family grow from a far and stuck it out just long enough to get a taste of what our newest chapter brings. Meatball was strong, beautiful, peaceful, and a hero in his own right - he will be missed. In Meatball's honor Mike, Petie, and I read "Snake" - a book of individuality and heroism from Auntie Adi.
I am kind of slow today. Does RIP mean Captain has gone to Heaven for real? How did he meet his maker? Do I want to know. Or does he just have a new home with other snake friends? I was just thinking about Meatball. In fact I have been thinking about him a lot lately, wondering how a boa constrictor could fit into the family routine. And wondering how long it would be before a toddler found his way into Snake's room and wondered how to get the class cage apart. I am glad that Marshall's book on the snake brought you all solace in the midst of this sadness of losing Beauregard. Love Aunti Adi
ReplyDeleteCaptain Meatball did go to snake heaven. Just old age and I am sure that he knew that it was time to move onto the next life.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry! I feel so sad. How could you not have shared this news with me when we talked on Saturday? I called earlier tonight, but you went to bed already...MiO answered and talked with me; I felt better after talking to him.
ReplyDeleteI hope he is enjoying his new life. it is sad when pets die. but perhaps some day Pickle will have his own pet snake.
ReplyDelete