I'm one week in. I've done well cutting some obvious sugar out of my diet and remain amazed at how much sugar I still consume! It's been hard and I know it is only going to get harder as I keep going. I've been binging on cereal (Cherrios and while milk) the last couple of days and have yet to count how much sugar I'm consuming there but I think I'm actually trying to satisfy my sugar craving through non obvious sugar sources. I had a chocolate craving tonight and sucked on some baking chocolate (no sugar) - that bitter bite at the end got rid of that craving!
I'm happy that I lost a pound this week. That's enough progress to keep me motivated and reassure me I'm going about it in a healthy way. Notice that although my BMI is in the healthy range it is on the edge of overweight which was alarming to me last week and has been my motivation! My balance was way of this morning and my mii age was 38...so sad!
Next week I'll introduce more fat into my diet which will help me to feel full and satisfied while I keep cutting sugars. This week I need to start cutting some of the non obvious sugars in my diet. The author recommends several foods to help get through this so before I start the REAL cuts I'll need to make sure I have plenty of what she calls her "c's": cacao, cheese, coconut water, chicken, coffee, coconut oil, cinnamon, chai, and chia.



What about healthy sugars like sweet potaotes and bananas and carrots?
ReplyDeleteI'll eventually cut those out too for a short time and incorporate them back in.
Delete