Two years ago tonight I laid in a hospital bed holding my Charles Levi after an exhausting morning of labor. Hindsight, I know it wasn't that bad - many women have suffered worst and I in no way suffered. It was in some ways so fast - 7.5cm by the time we made it to the hospital - and in others so slow - an hour and a half of pushing a very stuck baby. Little did I know that the laboring was the beginning of a lot of lessons Charlie had in store for me. Each of my unique children have taught and will continue to teach me throughout our lives together. Charlie's unique gift to me is opportunity after opportunity to reach beyond my limits and just when I think I can't hold on any more he loves me in the most selfless and energizing way.
He has grown from an uncomfortable baby into an independent toddler. He likes to play with his friends and enjoys exploring on his own. It is amazing to watch him as both a little brother mimicking Peter and now a big brother gently comforting Miriam.
He makes symmetrical patterns with his legos and has a vast vocabulary. He loves orange and pink. He insist on picking out his own clothing which always includes sweatpants and his orange Broncos beanie and usually includes an orange shirt with red socks. He loves penguins (called pings) and dancing (think tap dancing style) but didn't like the movie Happy Feet about a tap dancing penguin. His left foot is turned out slightly from his thanksgiving break but each day he walks and runs a little better. His dimples are still amazing and one of my favorite features.
He runs into a lot of people's arms but it is still clear that they are not mama's.
Happy 2nd Birthday Charlie.



What a perfect quote to personify Charlie! Your words made me cry :) In a good way :)
ReplyDelete