I am already a natural Hermit . . . so I have been thinking a lot about your post Sara about the Hermit Life - having Petie just drove me closer to the dark Hermit land. I have been neglecting my friends . . . too busy at work . . . too tired after work . . . too selfish on the weekends. So today I decided to be spontanous and leave work a couple hours early. I picked Petie up from day care called my friend who had the day off and we went over to her house and had a play date (i.e. girl talk while the kids played). It had been such a long time - she didn't even know that I had stopped breastfeeding (2 months ago)! So I am going to try to be more energetic, spontaneous, and motivated to connect with one friend that I have not seen in awhile once a month . . . just for starters!
On an unrelated note . . . but also inspired by Sara . . . it is almost that time of year when we will be going to the pool or reservoir and introduce Petie to the water. Per Sara's advice, I didn't want to be so self conscious about putting on a swimsuit that I can't get in the water and enjoy the moment with our son. I put my bathing suit on last night . . . and I know I can't complain about my post-baby body . . . but I am less ready for a swimsuit then I thought I was! Actually, as long as I was standing there perfectly posed - I looked great! As soon as I picked up Petie and started to move . . . I didn't look so great! So I am off to do lunges, squats, and push-ups!
Good for you Jolie... I can't get a bathing suit on yet, but I was just looking in the Victoria's Secret catalog at swimsuits and thinking the same thing. Yes, it is hard to get out and do things... it is just so much easier to stay home. It is good that you got out... we all deserve a good non-productive moment.
ReplyDeleteJust another note... I'm not getting into my bathing suit anytime fast sitting at the computer drinking champagne [hehe]
ReplyDeletewhat about a shopping trip for fun? buy a new bathing suit.
ReplyDeleteYou look great Turts. I, on the other hand...
ReplyDelete