Well . . . if you can call it a week . . . 3 days at 5 hours each. It is about all I could handle! The logistics worked out well all week. By Wednesday I remembered to feed the dogs but forgot some parts of my pump and it took several trips in and out of the house to remember it all. Today I had the morning routine down pat! What I didn't plan for was the change in my sons mood and attitude towards me. I know he was mad at me. A little mad Tuesday . . . a lot mad Wednesday. Today he was just a little sleepy but he at least smiled and looked at me when I walked in the door. I knew Tuesday he would be out of sorts but when I came home Wednesday I felt like I was looking at a completely different baby. He wasn't talking, smiling, or laughing. On top of that he wouldn't make eye contact with me. He was different and mad. I called Sara in hopes that she would offer me some words of encouragement that this wouldn't last forever . . . she did. I know it will take time for us all to settle into this new routine . . . but it still broke my heart Wednesday to so my baby respond to the world and me so differently! Mike and I have tomorrow off together so we can be a family and then it is just me and Pickle Saturday and Sunday before I head off to work for a 5 day work week . . . still only 5 hour days though . . . I don't want to rush into anything too fast!
Oh yeah. And tonight is Pickles first NFL football game (not counting preseason). Go Steelers! So far he loves watching football with his daddy. Not too much though . . . I am constantly moving him so that he doesn't brain mush in front of the TV!
What about moving Mikey around the tv so he doesn't brain mush?
ReplyDeleteOh I didn't think about that! I will have to start moving him around also!
ReplyDeleteHey, I can't get to your photo albums...are the links broken or is it me?
ReplyDelete